Will you be visiting seaworld?

After the tragic event, will you still go see the shows?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:55 PM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Entertainment

• I never would have to begin with. i think what they do there is WRONG, like a circus is wrong.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 2:58 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I don't have plans to go but have enjoyed them very much in the past. It's a shame that with the history with the whale something wasn't done sooner.
    mommorgan

Answer by mommorgan at 2:58 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• If I am ever by one again I would go to the show
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:59 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• never happend when i went. but sea world sucks anyways so no i will not be going
    Anonymous

• It's not possible to avoid see bad things happen. Are you going to stop driving because you might see someone get killed in a wreck? Are you going to stop driving because you or your children could die?

More people have gotten killed driving to and from Sea World than have gotten killed at Sea World. When animals are involved there is risk. There is risk at the zoo, at the dog park, often even in your own back yard. I live in Tucson and you can see coyotes in town. I live a mile from the zoo and dog park. Animals could escape and easily get to my house and jump our fence.

I would go to Sea World if I had a chance. I think this whale should not be part of shows. If the whale could be released I think that would be the best thing.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:01 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• has nothing to do with what happened. I am 110% against the way animals are treated in these shows. its DISGUSTING. i will NOT put money in the hands of a circus or seaworld if i can help it.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 3:04 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I think that it is absurd that people are outraged by this, do a little research about the behavior or Orcas, and the fact that people are assuming that it was an aggressive attack it stupid as well. A whale that size that is trying to 'play' with his trainer would do the same exact thing. As for his history some idiot sneaked into his tank after hours, how would you react to a stranger in your home in the dark? The issue is that people seem to think that they are just sweet and docile creatures they aren't called killer whales for no reason. People need to quit assuming they know the whale's motivation and look into its nature. He did what was within his nature, and yet we are all shocked. Sati has a point, these animals have huge natural habitat and are kept in tiny tiny tanks in comparison. Also these whales are mostly unable to live in the wild, and do enjoy their training and are trained with respect, cont.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 3:12 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Cont Not at all like the treatment of circus animals which are abused, and harmed daily. I cannot see that as an appropriate comparison of treatment. The sea world animals are rehabed fed and taken care of well.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 3:13 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I may go but I am disappointed that they are still using this whale in shows. They began using him again the day after the attack. What disturbs me more is that they found out it was caused do too stress and sexual frustration because even though killer whales are endangered they do not let males and females together when they are in heat. They do not want their females pregnant unless it is convenient for them because they can not perform if they are pregnant.

imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 3:38 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I love the zoo and I love Sea World. You do know that places like that also do a lot of good? They work on the preservation of species by learning about the aniamls and marine life. There's nothing negative aabout them.
    Anonymous