what r the chances??

so im havin another baby n this will b my 3rd one. well my question is what r the chances that this one will come out on its own?? wit my first 2 i had to get induced i think thats how its spelled lol. wit my daughter it worked the first time but wit my son i had to get induced twice. so does anyone know the chances that this one will have to get induced also??

margarita13

Asked by margarita13 at 3:05 PM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• you dont need to be induced EVER. short of diabetes situations due to the size of the baby i suppose. but there is no real reason to be induced. you should read up about it.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 3:07 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• i was already past my due date wit both of them.. daughter was 8 pounds 1 oz n my son was 7pounds 11 oz... they just didnt wanna come out on their own.
    margarita13

Answer by margarita13 at 3:09 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• "late" would be past 42 weeks. it's pretty unlikely that you would "need" to be induced, even after 42 weeks. size isn't a reason to induce either. i would consider getting induced if my blood pressure was sky high & i had bad swelling. or if baby had IUGR. there are probably a couple of other reasons that i would get induced, but i'd say the chances of ANYONE *needing* to be induced is like 1 out of 200....
    Anonymous

• the due date is just the middle of about a 5-6 weeks period when it's normal to have your baby.
    Anonymous

• I was induced with my daughter at 41 weeks, I was actually feeling a bit of contractions the night before I got induced, but either way it went great. My blood pressure was a bit high and they didn't want to take chances. I am now pregnant with number two and my doctor said since each pregnancy is so different there really is no way to predict if you will be induced again. The baby is the one who begins the labor process by releasing a hormone to trigger contractions so it is really up to the baby. I have heard of women who went through three inductions and then had a preemie. I wish I knew if this one would come out on his own too, but according to doctor there is no way to tell =/

Good Luck! I hope your baby comes out on time!
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 3:34 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• The baby is the one who begins the labor process by releasing a hormone to trigger contractions so it is really up to the baby. ...I wish I knew if this one would come out on his own too, but according to doctor there is no way to tell =/

this is what i really don't get. first the doctor says that the baby is the one who begins labor, then he says there is no way to tell if you will need an induction? obviously the first thing would = "no, you don't need an induction, baby will release a hormone to trigger contrax."

it's so confusing!!
    Anonymous

• lol thanks ladies. i just always thought i made it a lil to comfy for them that they thought they were lil mermaids lmao jk. i hope this one comes on its own to..ive never got to experience the hole water breakin on its own n stuff like that. ANOTHER ?? HOW MUCH EXCERCISE IS GOOD WHEN UR PREGNANT. WIT MY FIRST TWO I WASNT VERY ACTIVE BEFORE I GOT PREGNANT WIT THEM NOR WAS I ACTIVE DURIN THE PREGNANCYS. BUT WIT THIS ONE IVE BEEN WORKIN OUT FOR ABOUT A YEAR NOW DROPPED FROM 168 TO 117. SO DO I STILL WORKOUT LIKE I DID BEFORE I GOT PREGNANT OR TAKE IT A LIL EASIER. IM ABOUT A MONTH ALONG..N JUST FOUND OUT YESTERDAY.
    margarita13

Answer by margarita13 at 4:00 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• lol thanks ladies. i just always thought i made it a lil to comfy for them that they thought they were lil mermaids lmao jk. i hope this one comes on its own to..ive never got to experience the hole water breakin on its own n stuff like that.
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    if you want to experience water breaking on its own, going into labor naturally etc, you can. you just have to find the right provider who won't induce, who wont artificially break your water etc :)

everything i have read in my pregnancy books says to continue exercising at the level you feel comfy. since you have been working out, it would be fine to keep that up, as long as you aren't feeling over-tired or about to pass out or anything. :)

congrats!
    Anonymous

• If you are having a healthy pregnancy, about 100%! ;-)

You don't need to induce unless there is a risky complication~ and even then, the risks of induction can be weighed against the complication...
    Usually it's safest to wait for labor to begin on it's own.

Why were you induced with your other children?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 4:15 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• "you just have to find the right provider who won't induce, who wont artificially break your water etc :) "

EXACTLY!
    Who you hire to attend your delivery is probably your biggest risk.
    Have you discussed what you want with your doctor/midwife?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 4:17 PM on Feb. 26, 2010