Christian moms: What has God done in your life recently to prove to you that all of your problems are part of his plan?

I just need a little encouragement that I am not the only Christian going through rough times and that God does have a plan.

Non- Christians: dont bother answering if you have something insulting to say about my faith.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:14 PM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• You are definitely not alone, we all go through our trials. This is a scripture that I look at when i'm having a rough time. Hope everything gets better.

Isaiah 41:10 and 13

10 Do not be afraid, for I am with you. Do not gaze about, for I am your God. I will fortify you. I will really help you. I will really keep fast hold of you with my right hand of righteousness.’

13 For I, Jehovah your God, am grasping your right hand, the One saying to you, ‘Do not be afraid. I myself will help you
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 3:39 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I know that our mortal experience is part of God's eternal plan for us, and pain and difficulty is part of the whole mortal package deal.
    Anonymous

• I'm sorry you're having a rough time of it. The problems in your life, mine or in anyones life was not part of Jehovah's plan though. Please be reassured of that. This article might be encouraging. I hope so. Your problems DO matter to God.

http://www.watchtower.org/e/20060915/article_01.htm

xxx

Greymulkin

Answer by Greymulkin at 4:42 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• You are not the only one going through a rough time right now. Just keep coming to Him in prayer.

Ecclesiastes 11:8-10 (New International Version)

8 However many years a man may live,
    let him enjoy them all.
    But let him remember the days of darkness,
    for they will be many.
    Everything to come is meaningless.

9 Be happy, young man, while you are young,
    and let your heart give you joy in the days of your youth.
    Follow the ways of your heart
    and whatever your eyes see,
    but know that for all these things
    God will bring you to judgment.

10 So then, banish anxiety from your heart
    and cast off the troubles of your body,
    for youth and vigor are meaningless.
    Anonymous

• We were living 25 minutes from the school where my husband was a teacher and our boys went to school. Because we had a new baby, it was nonsensical for me to load her into the car for 50 minutes to drive them, so they were going to school with Dad. BUT, since he was a teacher, he had to arrive 30 minutes or more early, and was often unable to head home for an hour or more AFTER school. This was VERY hard on the boys - they were only 8 & 9.

So, I set my heart fervently on a way that they would not have to continue this stressful situation.

A block from the school was an associated pre-school for children too young yet to enroll in the school (Waldorf). The owner became ill and put it up for sale. We bought it and suddenly our boys could WALK to and from school !!! YAY !!

What I didn't realize was how inexpressibly PERFECT this would be for our 16-month daughter. I could earn $ with her on my hip, and she LOVED it !!
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 7:13 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• My son was in the LA area for a few years, finishing up his degree so he could qualify to try out for becoming a Marine Corps officer ( had not realized that Marine Corps Officer training was the equivalent of graduate school).
    He had a couple of girlfriends, but was mostly very lonely. He even wrote in his journal a "manifesto" about accepting that he would be living a solitary life, and that his task was to be a protector for OTHERS, so they could be free to live good, happy lives.
    Well, he qualified. And during the last weeks before he was scheduled to arrive at the Marine base in Virginia, he & his cousins agreed to keep in contact via FaceBook. Signing up for FaceBook, he saw a girl whom he had dated 7 years earlier on the East Coast. They emailed each other intensively for 2 weeks, and she visited him in Virginia (she was now a lawyer living in North Carolina - a several-hour drive. She'd had a brief, bad marriage) ...
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 7:22 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• (cont'd) So, they got into contact in mid-August. My son's Officer Graduation was November 30th. They were married a couple of weeks later. They are SO in love !

We were freaked out, we thought this was way too hasty. But during the weekend of his Graduation, we spent time with HER parents. It turns out that she had been very much smitten by our son (unbeknownst to him), and when he returned to the West Coast it had "broken her heart", according to her parents. When he emailed her, she had asked them whether she should risk seeing him again. They had advised her that she'd never know if she didn't try it out.

Knowing this, we felt a LOT better about their decision.

Personally, I believe that God chooses people to be parents, and that if a baby comes, it is the work of angels. All the parents need to do is to rise to the occasion to accept this blessing.

Well, they now have TWO babies !
    Happy ending for them both.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 7:31 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• We had bought a house. A year later, we BOTH had lost our jobs. !!! We got behind in our finances, had to file bankruptcy.
    Then I got a full-time job - which was great. But our kids were 12, 11, and 4. It was WRENCHING to be away from them until evening - even though it was fine because their Dad was being Mr. Mom.
    I sent up a devout wish, a heartfelt hope, that we could have a living situation we could AFFORD and a good family situation which would support our children's needs.
    Then my husband got a teaching position in a nearby town. As we looked for a place to live, the town advertised for a caretaker job. The job was to live on the premises (a beautiful wedding center on a wooded mountainside) and be on duty after 4pm Fri Sat & Sun. In exchange, we got a four-bdrm cottage for free, and free utilities & garbage.

Can you say "Prayer answered"? I was SAHM again
    We lived there for 12 years. Our children grew up there !
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 7:42 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I was 16, my siblings were 11, 10 and 6. The child support payments had been coming less and less regularly from a far away dad. Times were hard for Mom - she had to be careful about everything, even calculating her car trips to save on gas money.

One evening, mom had got off work, picked me up from my after-school work, picked up the other kids from after-school care, and was pulling into our driveway. She had said to me "I don't know WHAT we'll have for supper! About all we have in the house is pancake mix !"

She halted the car for me to get the mail from the street mailbox.

A flyer announced that a new store was having a buffet for customers ... THAT VERY NIGHT. It was in WALKING DISTANCE !!

We walked there and ate our fill. Deli meats & cheeses, veggies, milk, desserts - food better than we usually had !

Mom said, "Well God may keep me treading water, but he NEVER LETS ME DROWN !!"

I've ALWAYS remembered
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 7:59 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• This is probably getting boring, but I've got about 10 more. If you want more stories of things working out better than mere mortals could have planned, feel free to message me.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 8:01 PM on Feb. 26, 2010