When you are researching a company you have job interview with, what information are you loking for and how do you utilize that infor during your interview?

benjamink

Asked by benjamink at 3:15 PM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Money & Work

• You look up everything about the company. You look up the history of how it was started and the major milestones. You look up the owners/managers. Do research on the specific position that you are applying for so you can specifically tie that in to your resume under skills and qualifications. When they ask you, " why do you want to work here or what skills and qualifications do you have that makes you think you'd be good for this position", you just tell them skills and qualifications of the job your applying for and give them examples of those from your previous work experience. Complement the company's success and tell them why you'd be an asset to the company.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 3:21 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• This article, Nine Ways to Research a Company, explains much better than I can: http://www.businessweek.com/managing/content/oct2009/ca20091027_294979.htm

Most importantly, you want to determine what the "pain points" are and how you can solve them.

I do career & job search coaching. I am always happy to help cafemoms (and dads) with resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview prep. Feel free to contact me directly.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:33 AM on Feb. 27, 2010