Why does mineral water that has “trickled through mountains for centuries” go out of date next year?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:17 PM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It is because of the bottling of it, the bottle itself will degrade somewhat in that time contaminating the water, glass containers are much safer for long term storage, but plastic isn't that bad, it just isn't as pure after a year especially if the seal has been broken giving bacteria a chance to get into the water.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 3:19 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• It's the bottle that starts breaking down after an amount of time. Oh - and it's tap water from who-knows-where. I drink free water from my tap at home, out of a glass.
    Anonymous

• Anon :22......so do we! If I have to buy a bottle of water while out running errands, I will save that bottle, refill it with water, and re-use it over and over again. :) Our tap water is just as good as the stuff you buy in the bottles and a whole lot more affordable!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 12:41 PM on Feb. 27, 2010