Is it bad to workout every day?

There are days when I think I should probably have a rest day, but then I feel lazy so I get up and do it anyway. I do free weights every other day, but I do my cardio daily (45 minutes). In fact, I just put my daughter down for a nap and I'm about to do it here in a few minutes.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:26 PM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Oh man.... PLEASE pass that energy this way.. PLEASE I BEG YOU! !NO,. its not. Just alternate muscle groups if you are feeling sore.. my husband is a workout maniac too..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:28 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• It can be considered a problem if you exercise through sickness or pain. Also, if you feel guilty for missing a day and get upset by it it could also be considered a problem. Other than that, the pharamones released through exeracise are just one of the countless benefits from a daily work out routine. As long as you are enjoying it- go for it!
    Anonymous

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~For you maxsmom---sending some energy vibes your way!!!
    Anonymous

• Yes, by exercising every day you don't give your sore muscles time to heal. You can hurt them this way.
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 3:35 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• It's perfectly natural for you to workout everyday.
    I've been told by doctors to workout everyday.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:26 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• There's nothing wrong with it as long as you know what your body can handle. I usually workout 5 nights a week, sometimes more or less depending on how I'm feeling. Majority of the time if I'm getting a head cold I will work out and feel much better. Maybe sweating gets it out of my system. If I'm sore from a previous workout I don't all out workout, I have a session of deep stretching, jumping rope or jumping jacks.
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 5:54 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• If you work out at a pretty high intensity everyday, then you can burn out your central nervous system...your body needs to rest and repair itself from time to time also. However, if you exercise at a low to moderate intensity, you may be fine. Listen to your body, if you feel exhausted or if you are in pain, take a break for a day or two.
    JDsWifey

Answer by JDsWifey at 8:18 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• If you do power 90 X it is all about muscle confusion

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:07 PM on Feb. 28, 2010