working out

One of my closets friends gave me a rower machine as well as a tread mill. I enjoy doing both and am trying to lose about 30 pounds. I just am lost as to how much I should get on these or when? I know I need to start watching a little of what I eat as well. How much weight have you guys lost? How long did it take? How did you do it?

ILoveMuffins62

Asked by ILoveMuffins62 at 3:34 PM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I do a 45 minute workout every day, free weights every other day and if I'm up to it, I jump on the elliptical machine as well as watch everything that I eat. I have lost 7lbs in the last 2 weeks--only 8 more pounds to my goal weight. Thirty minutes 4-6 times a week is ideal for losing weight. Get on a website to count your calories for a couple of weeks so you get an idea on how many calories you are intaking and adjust accordingly.

Check out Everydayhealth.com or Sparkpeople.com----very helpful sites that will help you get started.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:32 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• The minimum of time you should get on is 5-10 minutes a day.
    I use the Wii fit and I worked out for 10-20 minutes a day while my children nap.
    I have lost 20 lbs not only from working out, but also from being a mom of two.

It is important to find workouts that you enjoy. Working out in itself isn't enough for you to lose weight. Even if it's due to TV, music, a magazine, or a book to entertain you while you workout. If not the excersise itself. That's why workout out for me is more enjoyable, because I have the Wii Fit. There is such a varity of games, excersises, and the-like that keep me moving and losing those calories. My daughter is four months old .. I've been only working out for two months.

Don't over do it. All the best to you!!
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:05 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• i am starting monday with hip hop abs and im so excited.. we have a group of us all doing a challenge together..its gana be such fun! i plan on losing about 15 lb and getting tone from baby weight
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 4:13 PM on Feb. 26, 2010