why is it that when you need help those who know you dont care to help but those that dont are more than willing to help?

including majority of famiky?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:35 PM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• What??????????
    Anonymous

• I always wondered that myself. Why is it that friends are usually quicker to help you when you need it, than family is? I don't get it. Just take the help from who you can get it from, at least somebody is willing to help :)
    Anonymous

• cause the people that know you, know your whole back story and hate you for several reasons but those who dont know you have no idea who you are to start with and assume that your a good person.

lets take my SIL...out in the real world where no one lives with her, they love her to death but those are just employee's. inside of the house she lives in, is me and my hubby who is her brother...we'd laugh at her if she was thrown in jail because we know what kind of person she is!
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 4:41 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• wow, i was going to ask this same thing earlier. i've been having a really rough week, and the person that should be talking and helping me (my SO) is ignoring me. my daughters teacher actually offered to meet up and talk if i needed to. so it got me wondering this!
    kyuteangl88

Answer by kyuteangl88 at 4:50 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Never underestimate the kindness of strangers. The people I know from church have done more for me and my sons than friends, family or neighbors ever will!!
    crazycatlady66

Answer by crazycatlady66 at 5:39 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• my family has always had a grudge on me bc my father FORCED my to go to college were my sister went to and i couldnt learn there there were to many distrations and i beg my dad to let me go to a dif. college and he wouldnt so i dropped out. Thats the only thing bad ive ever done. so im not a horrible person ive never did anything horrible
    olan8809

Answer by olan8809 at 5:40 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I have family that would not help me they knew me too well and sometimes the hope is gone from those people. The scorned learn to fear the fire. I realized my family would not help me because of the past even when my son had cancer sometimes the bridges you burn or the bridges the perceive you to have burned prevent them from helping if it were not for total strangers who only wanted to help at different times in my life I would have been in worse trouble.

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:03 PM on Feb. 27, 2010