why the need to attack?

What is the reason for the nasty personal attacks because of differing political and or social beliefs?

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 3:35 PM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Thats just how some women are on here. I have asked the question myself and have learned to ignore the attacks. So people have nothing better to do but stir up some trouble
    Anonymous

• People are often treated the way they treat others, only to then turn around and complain about being attacked. That doesn't mean there are people running around looking for reasons to be mean, only that they return in kind what they receive.
    Anonymous

• They are very petty and love to call people names that have a differing opinion..I have heard them call people: morons, idiots, uneducated, pathetic, heads in the sand..I so wish CM would kick them out..Maybe there should just be P and C groups and not part of answers because they really have a gang on here harassing everyone who does not agree. We need some more liberals willing to speak up!

kjfamily

Answer by kjfamily at 3:42 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• and you haven't seen that's how it is around here by now? i understand it gets frustrating but honestly those are the cards that are dealt. as someone politely told me one day. "get real it's politics" if she reads my response i think she'll know that i'm quoting her verbatim.

Anonymous

• I didnt attack , i referred to the article someone else referred to me and her friend followed suit. then took it one step further and started accusing an ANON of being me and calling ME out about THAT,,,and this is NOT the first time...

I just want to know WHY go there??
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 3:43 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I so wish CM would kick them out.

Careful what you wish for. More often than not, the people throwing the stones are the ones who have the most glass houses.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:44 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I agree Kjfamily, I think more people should complain at this point,,its I know many women that wont even come here because of it
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 3:45 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I stopped coming on cafemom because of the personal attacks, and I can see nothing has changed. Many of my personal friends don't share my political views, yet I have never experienced anything like I have on here. Its sad.
    Grandmarga

Answer by Grandmarga at 3:48 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• There is a group here and they think they are clever and that they have all the right answers. Their responses to anyone who does not agree are rude and hostile. But I don't care....why worry about what a "name on a board " says here. At least I don't have to live with them,thank goodness. Oh, and a few of them now have a cutsey little "in group" method of putting a number at the bottom of the reply area. How adorable. They really need this to boost their own egos and feel better...strength in numbers,you know. They prop each other up. Kinda "high school-ish".
    Anonymous

• when someone thinks they are more knowledgeable on any topic than you they will use that said knowledge to bully them it gives them something to hold over your head and at the same time it makes them appear even smarter to their peers.  

there are one or two knowledgeable ladies on here that i know for a fact know what the beans they're talking about but they don't hold it over you, gloat or resort to calling other names simply because they clash politically.  I respect those ladies and from time to time they teach me something I didn't know.  I appreciate learning and debating but when it gets nasty then it loses it's appeal.  I will admit to know knowing all there is to know about certain political topics and when I'm way over my head I don't respond; especially with crude remarks of my own.  That will only cause people to fire back and the end remark usually not so nice.

Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 3:51 PM on Feb. 26, 2010