Ring Worm

How does a child get ring worm?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:36 PM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Kids' Health

• It is a fungal infection, just like yeast infections. It can be caught playing outside or from an infected person.

Treat it with some over the counter Lotrimin cream.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 3:38 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Contact with someone or something that has it. Could be a certain person, places that have it(locker rooms, wrestling mats) and animals. If someone in your house has ringworm check everyone and check all animals!
    Anonymous

• From Web MD:

Ringworm is not caused by a worm. It is caused by a fungus. The kinds of fungi (plural of fungus) that cause ringworm live and spread on the top layer of the skin and on the hair. They grow best in warm, moist areas, such as locker rooms and swimming pools, and in skin folds.

Ringworm is contagious. It spreads when you have skin-to-skin contact with a person or animal that has it. It can also spread when you share things like towels, clothing, or sports gear.

You can also get ringworm by touching an infected dog or cat, although this form of ringworm is not common.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:39 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• either catching it from another kid, if the kid scratches it then touches a toy and your child touches that toy then they can get it. also you can get it from dirt.
    Anonymous

• blue star works like a charm. i don't think walmart carries it anymore, but walgreens should
    Anonymous

• You can get it from having pets like cats living in your home and it gets into the carpet and spreads from there. My son got it when he was only 1 because of dirty apt. carpets thats why Im so glad were in a home now. I also had it several times when I was younger from a cat that my dad bought for my brother. He was so nasty he would spray every where and no one ever bothered to get him nuetered.
    Anonymous

• from someone else, dirty areas, animals, the dirt outside and at the park. Its a fungus and is found in a million places. My husband caught a bad case from a non maintained hotel pool.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 9:54 AM on Feb. 27, 2010