If you are babysitting 3 (2yr.olds) and they are running around like crazy and you have 3 playpens would you use them? (If it helped to control them abit)

I asked a question like this earlier and some of you moms laughed what was so funny about putting a 2 yr. old in a playpen it works for me.

What is the age limit ANYWAY???
My kids were good but these little demons are bad....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:38 PM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would absolutely use them. Just give them toys so they can entertain themselves a bit. It's not going to hurt them and it will make your life a bit more pleasant. So I don't see the harm.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:25 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I actually had to stop the playpen at about 18 month...another 18 month old showed my son how to climb out. LOL We had it for occasions that called for me to step out of his sight. We also had a floor furnace, so, it was dangerous to take an eye off for even a second.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:41 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• How would their parents feel about you putting them in a playpen? I know I would probably be pretty upset with some one who was watching my 2 year old and just put him in a playpen to keep him under control. If their too much for you, maybe you shouldn't be watching them...
    Anonymous

• lmao...i would definitely think about it, and if it was THAT bad then yes, just for a calm down time though. depends on how big they are too. no idea what the age limit is, i only used one once while outside when my son was under 1.

OR i'd find an activity for them to do. whether it be a movie they'll sit down and watch, or have them sit and color, play with play dough, puzzles, anything they can sit down and do. GL
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 3:43 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Well, now I'm picturing 3 two year-olds sitting and playing in 3 separate playpens. A situation like that I would only use for a few minutes at a time if absolutely necessary. Beyond that it would seem that you had taken on more than you could handle or accommodate. If you just babysat once and had to do that, it would make sense. If you had a set-up for regular childcare, I don't think it would be appropriate... Gating off a whole area would be more appropriate.
    Anonymous

• i think your right,cause everytime we do some thing wrong we go to jail,lol your kids were good? if your gonna call kids demons you shouldnt be watching them,i wouldnt pay you a dime for having my kid in a playpen,thats not called watching,why dont you ask the moms of theses 3 kids.
    Anonymous

• I think the age limit is when they can climb out. My son could do this by 18 months. And don't listen to the anons who are anti playpen. If it helps the situation for a few minutes so order can be restored, it's not a bad thing. What goes on in most daycare centers is a lot worse than a playpen.
    Anonymous

• They can climb out of them quite easily.
    You just need to control the situation better. Sit them down with a snack and a movie and tell them "It is quiet time." Have them sit there, finish the movie and their snack, and then after that decide what to do. You can also get out some crafts and use that as down time. Have them create pictures, or make puppets. There are better ways to get a child to settle down and behave then shoving them in a crib or play pen.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:53 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• OP Ladies I am right there watching and inter acting with them it's not like they stay in there all day obviously you ladies DON'Tknow what the hell you are talking about you think you know but you don't. And yes I know they can climb out but i am right there and tell them no.

And the drama begins...lol

sarcasm

Anonymous

• If they can't climb out I might use the playpens for time-outs. I have 2 two year olds and I can't imagine having them in playpens very long.
    Anonymous