HCG levels only 226 huh??

i went to the ER with some cramping with no bleeding i got my BFP on feb 22nd and when my blood test's came back my HCG level was only 226 what does this mean???

bonniemommy100

Asked by bonniemommy100 at 3:49 PM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Probably a healthy pregnancy :) Cramping is normal in early pregnancy, especially in the absence of bleeding, and 226 is a good number for about 5 weeks (3 weeks since conception).

I know it's so hard not to worry about miscarriage, I'm 17 weeks and I still worry about it. But just relax as much as you can, it'll be okay :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 3:52 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Anonymous

• It's on the low side which indicates very early pregnancy, but it's still positive. I expect they will want to test again in a couple of days to make sure it is rising/doubling appropriately. If your hCG levels fall or do not rise enough it will indicate a miscarriage or chemical pregnancy (very early miscarriage). GL!
    Anonymous

• nothing at all really. all women produce different amount of the hormone. the only time you need to worry is if they go down in the beginning. they WILL go down toward the end, and that is perfectly normal
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 12:34 AM on Feb. 27, 2010