Chicken tonight? Here's a yummy chicken recipe ... ENJOY!

ITALIAN CHICKEN - you can use whole chicken or parts. I use boneless chicken breasts. Put chicken in a casserole or baking dish, so it lies flat on the bottom of the pan.

Add 1 can of crushed tomatoes (or you can use stewed tomatoes or tomato sauce) - small or large can depending on how much chicken you are cooking. You want enough sauce to cover the chicken. (can use pizza or spaghetti sauce also)

Add 1 can of mushrooms (if you like them - just sprinkle across the sauce)

Season with salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and italian seasoning.

Bake on 350 for 45 minutes.

Turn off oven - sprinkle shredded cheese on top of the chicken, leave in warm oven till cheese melts - about 5 minutes.

Serve with brown rice or whole wheat pasta (these are healthiest choices, you can use regular rice, rice a roni, spinach fettuccini or any type of pasta)

Serve with salad & french bread.

MaryJacobs

Asked by MaryJacobs at 3:53 PM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Food & Drink

• mm u made my mouth water!!!!
    Mother_18

Answer by Mother_18 at 3:55 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• mmmm mmmm mmmm thanks for sharing!
    rochellecole

Answer by rochellecole at 4:04 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• ooh def trying that out. Yummy
    DiandraBryant07

Answer by DiandraBryant07 at 4:28 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Back when my kids would visit their dad they would tell me that he made his chicken this way and while I was thinking it sounds good...They said it's gross! They think it's crazy to have tomatoes and chicken together so until they move I will never get to try it
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 6:03 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• wheresthewayout ... you can substitute the tomato for alfredo sauce, any creamy soup like Cream of Mushroom, Cream of Chicken, Cream of Celery ... this is a very easy and versatile dish .. .and maybe Dad forgot the spices ????

Enjoy all ... I'm going to try to post a new quick, easy, cheap recipe every week or so.

I work at a local college and have a lot of student workers (ages 19-21) and many of them were never taught to cook, so I created a simple cookbook for my students and they love it. Kind of a "poor man's version" of "gourmet" cooking.
    MaryJacobs

Answer by MaryJacobs at 6:35 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Sounds great! Chicken is our favorite around here. I made chicken tonight too!
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 8:56 PM on Feb. 26, 2010