Have you used ProActive products?

I am looking into getting the ProActive system to help with my acne. I just wanted to know if anyone has used it and how well you liked or disliked it. I just don't want to trust the commercials and waste my money. Thanks ladies!

momma2JD

Asked by momma2JD at 3:56 PM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• get it but CALL AND CANCEL AUTO DELIVERY! they charged me 20 dollars for it then 60 the next month
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:57 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• i have tried it and it made my skin REALLY dry and then i broke out more....it made my skin so dry it would sting when i put lotion my face or when i washed it.

BUT my twin sister uses it, and it cleared up her face and she looks great! so i wuldnt suggest it if you have sensitive skin
    i have sensitive skin, and olay or neutrogena works great for me

GOOD LUCK
    kiliki_malie

Answer by kiliki_malie at 3:58 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• proactive was so harsh on my face...i would put on the recovery cream which was the third step and if i went outside at all it would burn my face no matter the season, the first two, cleanser and toner are very harsh as well. after about a week my face was so horribly flakes that it looked like a snake shedding its skin, and moisturizer didn't work...it was more embarrassing than the acne...but thats just me...what worked for me was bath n body works tea tree foam cleanser with lubridurm moisturizer with sunscreen, in the purple bottle, afterwards....i have no acne now and no scars....my skin is flawless
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 4:03 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• i tried it and holy crap it made my face so red! i looked like a lobster, and it stung soooo bad!!! i do not recommend if you have sensitive skin..also made my face realllly dry!!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 4:06 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I never used it, but my DD has, she said that it cleared her up, but did seem to dry it out. She then did a bit of experimenting on her own and found that if she used other brands of products and used them faithfully, that they worked just as well. I think she used neutrogena and, oh bother, can't remember the other. Basically I think if you find something you like and use it consistantly, it should help.

Just don't forget a sunscreen!
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 4:15 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I have tried Proactive, I though it was oookay. I know people who have loved it and others who hated it, so I think it's more a mater of what kind of skin you have. There are several different kinds of acne, I would figure out exactly what kind of acne you have because that will help you decide upon a product that will works best for you. My niece turned me on to Skinplicityskin products, she was experiencing some acne and even though she didn't buy acne specific products, simply taking proper care of her sensitive skin has made a huuge difference. So if you have sensitive skin and mild acne I would recommend going that route. Otherwise, research online. There's some great advice to be found and I'm sure you'll come across the right solution for your skin. Good luck!
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 4:22 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• i tired it and it made my face flakey, and then i got like double the pimples i had before. My sister was using it and it wasnt helping her either, so she went to a dermatologist and they told her NOT to use it.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 4:37 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• i use pro-active and I love it!! I wouldnt use anything else!
    Boog723

Answer by Boog723 at 5:47 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I tried it and like some of the other ladies it tried out my face and made it burn. It also worked the first few weeks but then I broke out worse than before I started using it. It also made the skin on my face feel really thin and painful to touch. I cancelled my subscription and I use antibacterial soap to clean my face now, which works for the most part. I suppose it works better on people whose skin isn't sensitive.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 6:12 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I don't know what you have tried, but this is what I suggest: wash your face twice a day with a very mild soap (like unscented baby soap; Dr. Bronners, etc.) and a soft wash cloth; follow with a light, oil free moisturizer (like Just Tomatoes or Lush). Once a day, before you wash your face, put on a honey mask (just honey, a great anti-bacterial). Every three days add a pinch of baking soda to the honey to exfoliate. Check back with me in two weeks and tell me how this worked.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:26 AM on Feb. 27, 2010