I can't get my son to sleep in his bed!!

My son is 18months almost 19months and WILL NOT sleep in his own bed.

I made the mistake when he was like 10 months old by letting him sleep in bed with me, because he was teething and nothing helped him go to sleep, so I brought him to bed with us. Now... I'm paying for it.

I honestly am clueless and don't know what to do. I tried last night and he screamed bloody murder. I refuse to let him CIO, thats terrible. I don't want him screaming late at night since his bedroom is the wall of our neighbors bedroom (we live in a townhouse). And I don't want drama to start.

Any Ideas? I was thinking of bringing his toddler bed into our bedroom to start out and once he got use to it in there move him to his room.

It's causing stress and tension between the DH and I!! He thinks I should put him in his room, shut the door and let him scream until he falls asleep.

No rude comments, please. Just advice, help...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:01 PM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Lay with him in his bed until he falls asleep, then just leave lol
    Anonymous

• i would try laying in bed with him until he falls asleep as well. my 19 month old still comes in our room at night too. she goes to sleep in her own bed at night while my dh reads to her. but 99% of the time she wakes up in the middle of the night and comes in our room. we ended up putting a little blowup bed in our room on the floor for her bc we couldnt take the sideways laying and kicks to the head. im hoping eventually she will just sleep through the night in her room. but this is what we are doing for now. i tried going in her room at night and sitting with her, but as soon as i leave she screams. one night i just said "night, love you" and walked out. and she was screaming bloody murder like she was being attacked and we refuse to let her cry it out as well. good luck!!! youre not alone.
    Anonymous

• See if your library has a copy of No Cry Sleep Solutions for Toddlers and Preschoolers (Elizabeth Pantley). She addresses the issue in great detail.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 9:29 PM on Feb. 26, 2010