How do I get my son to stop pushing his sister?

My 2 yo son constantly pushes/bumps his 1yo sister down. Nothing that either my husband and I do works. We've tried time outs, spanking, explaining, sending him to bed, and seperating them. Any advice?

a_sparklin

Asked by a_sparklin at 4:10 PM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• he will get over it soon. thats just what kids do.
    Anonymous

• You have to just keep at it, disciplining him every time he does it, and explaining what is and isn't acceptable behavior in your home. It sounds like he may be a strong-willed child, and if he is, getting your message across will be much more difficult. So just choose a plan and stick with it, and don't give up.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:23 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Choose one method and stick to it. Do exactly the same thing every time. He will get it.

When his sister needs a break find a safe place for her to play where he can't reach her.
    Anonymous