HELP!!!! How do I get the smell of urine out of my couch

Help me my 3 yr old fell asleep on the couch and he had a accident and I can not get the pee smell out of the couch.. I have tried everything I steamed it , sprayed it.. Help please

andersonboys3

Asked by andersonboys3 at 4:20 PM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• white vinegar in a spray bottle. Or check the pet store for something for pet stains, I've used both. I have two stepsons, we've had the same problem as you.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 4:21 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• scrub it with a brush, tide n water. over n over like 2x should be enough. put it in the sun or blow dry it dry. Then use febreeze and or downy spray freshener! ew hate that smell!
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 4:22 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Steaming it will make it stay in. Use ODOBAN. You can get it at Walmart or Sam's Club. My carpet & upholstery guys swear by it.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:23 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• stop peeing on your couch? Haha just kidding I am guess kids had an accident?
    I really don't know but I WONDER, they have stuff to get pet urine out of furniture and carpet. Maybe something like that?
    I am sure there are other things you can use like, vinegar or something.... hmmm good question
    ILoveMuffins62

Answer by ILoveMuffins62 at 4:23 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I like the stuff called Fabulous. It's cheap but it works sooo good. Another option is trying some of the enzyme cleaners for pet stains.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:23 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I use odoban, it is amazing. You can get it where the pp listed and also at home depot. It is great, not only for smells but for cleaning in general. You have to buy a big thing of it and dilute it. I use it as a daily cleaner, especially during flu season.
    Anonymous

• I was going to suggest Odoban, it comes as a concentrate or as a ready to use. Also, I got some stuff at target in the pet dept its supposed to take smells of of carpets, and it worked for my dog. It smells like oranges.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 4:29 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• put some baby powder then vacumm
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 4:32 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• best thing I ever bought was my carpet cleaner with upholestry attachments
    rochellecole

Answer by rochellecole at 6:30 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Get a new couch. As soon as you are able. Trust me on this.
    yogapantz

Answer by yogapantz at 11:21 AM on Feb. 28, 2010