divorce

Hey all!
I was wondering if anyone has ever done a "do-it-yourself" divorce. I am trying to right now and have been having some issues. My mother has served him the papers and we were wondering what the next step is. If anyone has any advice or has done this anything would help right now.
Thank you very much =)

I have already filled btw

ILoveMuffins62

Asked by ILoveMuffins62 at 4:30 PM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• In most states you cannot do a do it yourself divorce if there are children involved or if you own property (house/land). I did the divorce for my oldest dd. It was quick and easy.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:02 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Not sure. My mother is trying to do one on her own too, since her ex won't acknowledge or sign the papers. I'm interested to see more answers.
    Anonymous

• Well here we have this book called The Michigan divorce book lol and thats what i have been using
    How did she do hers?
    ILoveMuffins62

Answer by ILoveMuffins62 at 5:17 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I don't know, she is in the process and I am not too involved. All I know is she said he would not sign papers and that she would have to do everything from her side...
    Anonymous