Spotting/period while BF?! Maybe TMI

DD is just about six month and still EB w/ no solids. She eats about 8 times a day ranging from 2-6 minutes. I have yet to have any type of bleeding or period since 5 weeks PP. Yesterday i had about a nickel size brownish redish blood on my panties and when i wiped it was very very light. I went to the bathroom a little later and nothing! Back to the same old discharge and still nothing today. I've had no cramping or anything. Is this normal when BF? What could it be? I don't think it could be a period cause it was barely anything. I never had this when i breastfeed my last daughter, i had just got a normal period.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:59 PM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, it's normal. But be aware that it's possible to get pregnant while nursing..so this could be spotting, breakthrough bleeding or implantation bleeding.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:04 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• When I was pregnant and reading about breastfeeding, I did read that spotting can occur. Brown blood is old blood, so it could be some freakish thing or maybe your fertiliity is starting to come back and your body is giving you a warning. Good luck0
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 5:08 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• i got my period back at 6 weeks with ebf.... it's probably just your cycle going to start again
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:22 PM on Feb. 26, 2010