Does anyone else feel the need to impress your family with cooking?

I don't know why but lately I feel like I have to make gourmet meals to impress my family. I know they would be just as happy with a meal that takes 2 minutes to make but I can't help myself. I just keep feeling like I have to out do myself, like I have to cook something better than the night before. I don't know, I know it sounds stupid but does anyone feel this way?

imamommmmyyy

Asked by imamommmmyyy at 5:00 PM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I love cooking , but when ever the MIL comes over I try to cook something extravagent. LOL I feel like we are in a quiet competition on who is the better woman. Silly I know.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 5:05 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Not my DH and my DD, but other family that is visiting, yes.
    Anonymous

• I don't feel like I have to do that every day, and I wouldn't say to impress them, but I do like to make nice meals to spoil them. They have their favorite meals, and then I like to try something new and special about once a week. I enjoy cooking, for me it's a way to show love.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 5:02 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• No, I like to cook gourmet meals too. It's nice to experiment and try different things, because you end up finding a lot of things you really like.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:05 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• maybe you like the compliments so you want to do something better day after day.
    rosepetalluv

Answer by rosepetalluv at 5:06 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• no. its too much work and i mite waste food. cook it special when its a special day like xmas, bday, thnxgiving, etc...
    ascora

Answer by ascora at 5:39 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I don't, I hate cooking.. but if it's my turn to do holidays then I will go all out..but my sister feels like she needs to go the extra mile to impress every night
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 5:58 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Nope.
    Anonymous

• Oops--I meant to say yes as you can see from the rest of my answer. lol
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 8:38 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I don't feel I have to impress them. I am an experienced cook and I like to challenge myself and break out of the routine. I like to feed my family well and well I just love cooking and eating. I'm all about it!
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 8:54 PM on Feb. 26, 2010