How do I tell my youger kids about why there bother is going to Iraq they realy don't understand but they are scared they have heard so much about Iraq from friends and school

brother and sisters want to know

Asked by Tammy290 at 1:18 PM on Jun. 26, 2008 in Adult Children (18+)

• Be honest with them. It's very important for them to know about our american soldier's. Tell them to be very proud for what their older brother has chosen to do. Teach them about our military and what it means to our freedom.Tell them that big brother's job is to protect us and our conutry and sometimes he will have to go to other country's to do his job. Please as 1 soldier mom to another know that your son is in my prayer's and God speed to him and a very very big thank you to him for me!!! Barb

Answer by Barb947 at 10:05 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• Most military wives tell their kids that daddy (or brother, or uncle, or whoever) has to go away for a while b/c he has to work. It's not a lie. Most kids kinda get the concept of work, so they usually have a pretty easy time accepting that as an answer. When they ask, "When is brother coming home?" You can say anything from "In a few months" to "When he is done with his important job." Best wishes to your son.

Answer by crazysocks830 at 7:54 PM on Jun. 26, 2008