What Do You Consider 'Healthy'?

There is such a broad spectrum for what people consider a 'Healthy' lifestyle (which includes our food intake- I am being careful not to use the word 'diet' since some misconstrue that term as being something you do to lose weight)...

So, What do YOU consider healthy?

ObbyDobbie

Asked by ObbyDobbie at 5:18 PM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Feeling good about yourself, not getting out of breathe walking up a flight of stairs, and having a BMI that is within the "healthy" range. There are way to many aspects to health! you could have a great diet, be in shape, and have a heart attack. It is so hard to define.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 5:21 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Eating fruits and veggies everyday. Consuming a tleast 1200 calories. If you must eat sugar then eating one piece of cake not a fudge brownie smothered in ice cream and sprinkles.....Drinking water most of the day instead of soda. Thats thee 3 big ones.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 5:22 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Moderation.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 5:24 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• i just ate a fudge brownie smothered in icing ....mmm.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:29 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Eating fresh produce, vegetables. No sodium, less fat, less carbs. watching the labels for things that shouldnt be entering your body like anything ending in OSE. for me its what i do and what my husband does. we eat as much as organic as we can. period. and we walk, work out instead of pigging out on nasty foods and sitting on our asses all day. Plus he works out almost every day at the gym
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 5:51 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Well I think we eat pretty healthy. Most of our stuff is from scratch. We don't used boxed mac-n-cheese. We make it our selves, we eat fruit, fresh steamed veggies, peanut butter with out added fat, no sugar in our apple sauce. We make our own pizza crust from scratch. We drink plenty of water and enjoy the fresh fruit when it is in season. When it is not we still get it. We eat avocado every week and hummus and pita.
    We do have junk food too. Ice-cream cake and brownies occasionally. However we try our best to eat a well rounded and balanced diet.
    Being healthy also includes exercise and fresh air. We are a group of swimmers and love the pool. Just trying to do our best with what God gave us.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 7:02 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I choose foods that are in a more natural form. I limit commercial foods that are pre packaged and I buy whole foods and cook and bake from scratch. I replace some of the processed sugars in recipes with more natural sugars like honey and maple syrup. I replace some of the white flour with wheat germ and whole wheat flour. I eat a massive amount of fruits and vegetables and I like whole grains. I try to eat a balanced variety of nutrient dense foods. I also don't mind having a bit of a treat everyday. Ice cream is my usual.

I exercise 5-6 days a week. I do a variety of things and my exercise program is well rounded. I have a mix of intense, moderate and one light workout (yoga) per week. I take at least one full rest day.

I go to bed at about the same time every night and get up around the same time everyday so I get adequate sleep.

I maintain a healthy weight
    EmilyandIsaac

Answer by EmilyandIsaac at 7:41 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Eating whole foods. Avoiding animal products. Keeping toxic chemicals out of our home. Avoiding single-use items (like paper towels and napkins); getting regular exercise and sleep; drinking plenty of water.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:17 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• For me healthy is working out five days a week standing at my job instead of sitting. Walking instead of riding and learning something new every week like new exercises. Working out at home and at school and having goals .
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:24 PM on Feb. 28, 2010