Steve Wilkos & Maury

Do you believe these are real people with real stories? Or just a bunch of actors? I think Maury is fake but sometimes I wonder about Steve Wilkos because it's real problems and doesn't have as much drama. Love the drama either way, that's way they are fun to watch and Steve Wilkos makes you think twice about things.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:25 PM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Entertainment

• SHE never said I like the domestic shit and it's fake with the baby daddies and thats whats funny is seeing the over the top crap I WAS BEAT AND CHEATED ON and guess what i dont let that stop me from enjoying life. Boo hoo i was beat and cheated on 3-4 years ago I cant enjoy watching soap operars due to that, Its just a fucking question and you have to be a big bitch and bash, all you have to say is fake or you like it not bash. Its pretty sad you need to cause crap with a simple question.
    Anonymous

• I can't stand Maury. All those whos the father shows. It's so trashy. I happen to like Steve. I just don't like how he makes people stand.
    Anonymous

• I don't watch either, due to the fact I've been through domestic violence, had a friend get kill by it and the drama on there is over the top! Especially Muary. My opinion of course, but the dramatics of falling on the floor crawling around, wailing with no genuine tears, boobs flashing, hair pulling, name calling etc. is jsut to much for me to "enjoy". I realize many may disagree and I know both shows have plenty of viewers, but being through some things myself, I find it a litt over the top, and when you really go through, cheating, domestic violence, things that turn your world upside down. I think something like Dr. Phil or Oprah is more the way to go in trying to get help if you're gonna do it TV.
    Jeda624

Answer by Jeda624 at 5:29 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• That fact that you said the "drama' was fun to watch, shows thats what the shows are there for! Trust me, because domestic violence, cheating, baby daddys etc. is NOT a laughing matter when you go through any of those things yourself!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• Also, if it really was "real" and authentic, then why would you laugh at the situations people are going through? The show is over the top, making light of those who actually do go through hard things so when we hear about dv or cheating we blow things off as this is life instead of "this isn't how life SHOULD be"
    ., Like Jeda624 said, you go thro those thing, you'd go through a different process if you want genuine help, not some bs drama show and those who get off of it for the drama obviously haven't been through to much to find it funny. thats i find sad.
    Anonymous

• Steve makes you think twice?! Obviously you've been taught no common sense!
    Anonymous

• Why are pple always so quick to attack or nitpick? Seriously grow up ladies. she just wanted to know if you think it's real then some of you attack her on some things she said. How angry are you guys? I hope the kiddos don't see this misery because we're in real trouble if they're growing up with angry hateful caregivers.

And OP I seriously think Maury is more for ratings, Steve's show is a sister show to The jerry springer show. Some of these shows pay for the drama but shows like Dr.Phil do not pay for their guest. I ENJOY and I welcome candid opinions but you can leave the self righteous ones in your Keister angry ladies but I enjoy watching some of the more fun shows on maury like the caught on vid or lookalikes other then that I turn the garbage.
    To each his own but act like adults instead of judge"mental" fools.
    Anonymous