Anyone ever have sharp pains where their c-section scar is?

I am 12 wks preggers with baby #2 and throughout this pregnancy I have had some on and off pains on the right side of my c-section scar. Today it is bad. Is that common because of the growing baby? Does it go away? I have a dr. appointment on Tuesday and I plan on asking her, but I thought I would ask on her first. Oh and it has been 3 years since my c-section.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:27 PM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes,along with itching real badly sometimes!
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 5:31 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• i'm not pregnant but my son is 5 and i sometimes have pains still. My doc said its just the scar tissue and some people will always feel pain on and off from spasms
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:35 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• i can imagine with another baby growing in their you are probably stretching all that scar tissue and it would be very painful
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:36 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I have had pains but not really bad, my mom said she still gets pains on hers and that was 21 years ago.
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 5:37 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• heck yes....i've had 2 c-sections and my worst period pains come from that area....yuck....and its still sensitive if i bump that area on accident........and I had my last c-section in 07!!!! fooey
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 5:46 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Thanks for the answers! I really didn't think it was normal to have pains that much later, that really sucks!!
    Anonymous

• I don't have any pains where my csection scar is. It's only been 15 months, and I'm 20 weeks pregnant with my 5th.

Answer by missanc at 8:01 PM on Feb. 26, 2010