dry clean only??

i have a wool coat that has a polyester lining and the tag says dry clean only. does anyone know what would happen to it if i washed it in the washer at home?

Addisyns_mommy

Asked by Addisyns_mommy at 5:29 PM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I have washed one on gentle and then air dry by hanging on a hanger. DO NOT USE DRYER!i t will possibly shrink the lining!
    Anonymous

• thank you!
    Addisyns_mommy

Answer by Addisyns_mommy at 5:36 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I have routinely handwashed many dry clean only things. My mom did this, too. You might want to avoid the washer because a lot of them say that because the dye in the fabric bleeds and you'll end up staining other clothes if you wash them together. And, yes, line dry. Wool shrinks.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 5:47 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• For my dry clean only items, I take them to the dry cleaners because I don't want anything to happen to the garments. You might want to try dryell. A friend of mine uses it and it seems to work for her, but I see better results from the cleaners.
    crystac

Answer by crystac at 1:10 AM on Feb. 27, 2010