Colon cleanse

Has anyone done this? What was your experience? What kind did you use? I want to try it, but I'm feeling a bit hesitant. I'm eating very healthy and exercising, so I'm not doing it for weight loss. However, I have heard that it helps drop a few pounds. I recently stopped eating red meat also, so it would be nice to cleansed of that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:38 PM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I did a liver detox through a nutritionist which I believe is similar. I did it for 17 days drinking special shakes and staying on a strictly limited diet. I never felt better, and feel so much better even after. I recommend seeing a nutritionist to guide you through it so you know you're not doing something hokey.
    Melissa823

Answer by Melissa823 at 9:15 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• i have dont it, and really all it did was make me poo constantly. If you are going ot cleanse i suggest to do full body
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• I did a colon cleanse once and hated it. I spent way too much time in the bathroom and it didn't really make me feel any better. Like "anonymous" said above, I also suggest you do a full body cleanse. I have used and still use nutritional cleansing products. The one I uses detoxes the body on the cellular level, removing toxins from your body - not just your colon. I have more info here: http://planned-diet.com/nutritional-cleansing
    While I originally started this to lose weight. I couldn't believe how great I felt. I continue to use the products because of this. They have many programs depending on your goals.
    mom2threets

Answer by mom2threets at 3:15 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• Ask your doctor. I asked mine and I think he is still laughing... he said its a total scam and if it was beneficial for you, DOCTORS would be recommending it and not infomercials. He said your colon is very clean naturally and is not gunked up with toxins as the advertisements would have you believe. He said you'll spend the weekend in the bathroom and the weight you lose will be water weight from crapping for 3 days and not actual weight, you'll put it right back on. Just eat right and exercise. There is no magic pill to losing weight.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 3:10 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• You are far better off eating your fruits and veggies,drinking plenty of water and excercising.Your body is able to eliminate its own toxins and its far better for you.Personally I think even if you do drop a few pounds from a cleanse,once you start eating again regular foods or whatever the weight will come back,unless you develop a clean diet.I dont eat red meat at all...I eat very clean(plenty of raw fruits/veggies,drink alot of water etc)
    FitMom9603

Answer by FitMom9603 at 1:37 PM on Mar. 1, 2010