Budgeting...

I'm horrible at this. is there a site, or something that can help. My husband will be starting a new job that has a huge raise for him and i'm trying to figure out a budget to see what type of rent and car payment we may be able to afford, and finally move out of the inlaws. I always forget something when I do this myself. so can anyone either send a site or maybe a list of normal things for a budget.

BTW its me my DH and 2 kids... one due in June

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:44 PM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Money & Work

• I use a spreadsheet. Have your husband maybe even inlaws help you think up the list of what your bills will be. If you get along with your inlaws they probably could be a big help.
    MACY7108

Answer by MACY7108 at 7:23 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Start writing down every thing you spend. The bills are only part of it. Include gas and food and extra's (like pizza). Almost all banks offer some sort of spread sheet or budgeting help on them. Check out the website for your bank.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 7:27 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I have an excel spread sheet that's pretty simple and does all the adding for you. If you're looking for categories, check out Dave Ramsey's sample form on daveramsey.com.

If you want me to email you my excel spread sheet, private message me your email address and I'll be glad to do that for you. Remember, you're always going to be revamping and tweaking your budget. It's never finished! I adjust mine once a week!
    Melissa823

Answer by Melissa823 at 9:12 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Make sure that you include retirement and college savings in your budget.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:15 AM on Feb. 27, 2010