budgeting...

I'm horrible at this. is there a site, or something that can help. My husband will be starting a new job that has a huge raise for him and i'm trying to figure out a budget to see what type of rent and car payment we may be able to afford, and finally move out of the inlaws. I always forget something when I do this myself. so can anyone either send a site or maybe a list of normal things for a budget.

BTW its me my DH and 2 kids... one due in June

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:45 PM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I've looked at a few different sites and didn't find anything that worked for us. I kept a journal and wrote down every bill that was paid, then I went through our bank statements and averaged our spending on other things like groceries, entertainment, and misc.

After I did that, I had a pretty good idea of what we were spending and what we can afford. If you have excel, you can do a spreadsheet, but I like to do it by hand on a legal pad.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 6:16 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Oh, I wanted to add, that I did this for 3 months, so I had a more accurate account of our bills. If you bank with wells fargo, and you have had your account for awhile, it will break down your spending in to categories for you.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 6:17 PM on Feb. 26, 2010