Colon cleanse

Has anyone done this? What was your experience? What kind did you use? I want to try it, but I'm feeling a bit hesitant. I'm eating very healthy and exercising, so I'm not doing it for weight loss. However, I have heard that it helps drop a few pounds. I recently stopped eating red meat also, so it would be nice to be cleansed of that.

*Also posted in Diet & Fitness

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:51 PM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have done one and had a fine experience. I used Perfect Cleanse...it was very easy on my stomach/intestines. There are some that are much more hard core where you actually fast during the whole thing and I did not go that route. This was a 10 day one where 3 steps were involved each evening. I experienced no cramping, bloating, nothing. I was worried about eliminating all normal flora (as mentioned above), so I ate some Activia yogurt after it was over to help restore intestinal flora. Don't know if it for sure helped, but hey, they advertise that it does! Anyway-I experienced absolutely no ill effects from this, rather felt clean and detoxed :) afterwards. Good luck with your decision!
    kmseager

Answer by kmseager at 7:17 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• The poo doctor on tv yesterday said that is not a good thing to do. It rids your body of good bacteria and causes problems.
    Anonymous

• poodoctor? you mean a gastoenterologist? lol!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 6:04 PM on Feb. 26, 2010