Have you given birth vaginally, after you've had a C-Section?

I had a C-section 3 yrs ago, (my 1st & only child) I would like another baby...we are thinking about adopting because of the scares of having another after a C-section. That & wanting the opposite gender of what we have now....but sometimes I would really like to go through a baby from my body again..I wanted to do the natural way my first time around, but Dr. called for the E-C-sec. So next time around, I would want to try natural (talking about in the next 2 yrs or so) but I've heard so many risks & scares in doing that. I want to hear stories from people who have been able to or wanted to do vaginal after the C. Was it a success? Was it everything you thought it'd be? Would you suggest c-section or vaginal? How was the healing? Sorry, i have so many questions! lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:54 PM on Feb. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• I gave birth vaginally after a c- section and i must say the healing process for vaginal is much quicker and less painful. I STRESSED to my doctor from the beginning that i wanted to avoid c-section at all cost and have a vaginal delivery. He was a great doc. You should find a good doctor and on your FIRST appointment discuss your desire to have a VBAC. GL hope everything works out.
    2princesnaKing

Answer by 2princesnaKing at 6:13 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I had an emergency c section with my first. 15 months later, our dd was born by v-bac. Honestly, there were problems with that delivery, too - BUT - they weren't related to the c-section.

As far as recovery, again, keeping in mind that I had complications with both, I would have to say that both took awhile, and both hurt, just in different ways. I wouldn't say that one was better or worse than the other one, but I'm glad that I had both experiences. The c-section kept me and our ds alive, and I'm glad that I had the v-bac, because there wasn't a need to have a second c-section, so I didn't want to go that route just because the first one was, and again, me and our dd came out of it healthy, so... :-)

But it's going to depend on what sort of c-section you had, what kind of cut they used, etc. You can look up v-bacs if you want, there's a lot of good info out there talking about the risks and stuff.

gl! :-)

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 9:14 PM on Feb. 26, 2010