How am I supposed to get my 5 month old on a schedule when his night time feedings are unpredictable?

He eats between 7pm -8pm...sometimes 30 minutes earlier or later depending on how the day went. I know he will do better on his schedule if he goes to bed at the same time every night , but he's still waking up to eat during the night, sometimes once, sometimes twice so his wake up time in the morning is unpredictable, therefore, the rest of the day will be different than the day before...any suggestions?

survivor79

Asked by survivor79 at 5:59 PM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I found this really cool website about a mom who shows her schedule for her son. She based it on the babywise series (I'm not a complete fan of the books, but they do have a lot of good points).

Check it out: http://blogginaboutbabies.wordpress.com/2009/05/13/infant-schedules-by-month/
    mazonmom

Answer by mazonmom at 6:17 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Forget about the clock. Don't even think schedule. Babies have no idea what that means.

The best to hope for may be a routine. You do certain things in the morning, afternoon, and evening. It's ok for things to be unpredictable. It's normal for babies to wake up at night until they are 3 or even older and it's normal for them to nurse at night.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:03 PM on Feb. 26, 2010