Muscle weight?????

I have been eating alot healthier & i workout 4-5 times a week. Why do the scales keep going up? Can you relly gain that much muscle that fast? It is depressing to do that much work & the scales get worse!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:06 PM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• who cares what the scale says, look at your body and notice the change there

and yes muscle weighs way more than fat, and it takes up way less room.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:07 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• If it is going up a lot then you may be doing something wrong.
    If it's only a pound or so, then you could be fine.
    Inches lost is more important than pounds so measure your waist and look for change there.
    Good luck!
    SabrinaLC

Answer by SabrinaLC at 6:22 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Yes please don't worry about what the scale says! I hate that so many people get discouraged because of that. I actually threw my scale away and I just use a good old tape measure and also go by how my clothes fit :)
    hillaryann

Answer by hillaryann at 6:38 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Muscle weighs 3x more than fat. So you're likely burning the fat but building up muscle. You'd be better off going by measurments rather than weight.
    Anonymous

• I agree. Go by the way your clothes feel on you not by numbers on the scales.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:37 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• i KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN. #i UNDERSTAND HOW YOU FEEL WORKING SO HARD TO TONE UP, AND HERE THE SCALE IS GOING UP. WELL at least its all muscle, they say a little muscle is good.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 8:23 AM on Mar. 2, 2010