van question

will 3 car seats and 4 adults fit in a dodge caravan comfortably?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:37 PM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Travel

• NO. I'm not joking. We have a 2001 dodge caravan and they will not. We could only fit 2 car seats in the back (with about 8") between them. We were driving with 3 adults 3 car seats. I've got twin boys who were in the back, my 2 1/2 yr old daughter on the side captian chair, me on the other and my husband and sister in the front. There is no way we could have fit another adult legally or comfortably in that car! 3 day road trip from CA to IL! YUCK!
    Anonymous

• Yes if it is a newer one it will. I have a 2006 and you can fit 3 carseats across the back it is a pain to get them in but you can do it. Then you have the 2 captain seats and the front 2 for the adults.
    If you cant get all 3 in the back one or both adults can sit in the back seat fine with one seat between them. Just depends on how you arrange them
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 5:33 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• it honestly will depend on your carseats and how you configer them. If you have narrow front facing carseats like the sunshine raidan you may be able to fit 3 in the back seat leaving the middle seats free for adults. You may also have better luck if the seats are all different and can nest together like a puzzle. we are able to fit 3 Sunshine Radians in my dhs compact SUV with out an issue and in my 12 passenger van I can put them all in the one row leaving the other rows carseat free if need be. In general I will have 2 seats in one row and 1 in the next so that older kids can sit by and between the little kids. Good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Mar. 1, 2010