Why are there more overweight (fat) people

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:07 PM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Health

• High Fructose Corn Syrup.....it's in everything.
    Anonymous

• One theory is it is more expensive to eat healthy. Another is just time constraints if you are running from job to job and raising kids sometimes the easiest thing to grab is the most fattening.
    MACY7108

Answer by MACY7108 at 7:11 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Formula.

Once humans started being able to survive on formula they started being overweight and it keeps getting worse as the people that were born in the 50's get older. It may be because it is easy to overfeed formula. It may be formula itself. It is a huge experiment!
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:12 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Gail, I debate that. Both my mom and I are breastfed babies..and we are overwieght.
    I think it's lifestyle, choices, emotional void among other things that make us fat!
    Anonymous

• Answered at 4:12 PM on Feb. 26, 2010 by: Gailll
    Formula.

???????????????????? Whatever....
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 7:13 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• My family is all formula babies and we are all skinny.
    MACY7108

Answer by MACY7108 at 7:18 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Laziness. That's all there is to it. You don't exercise, you get fat. You eat like crap because you're too lazy to make a healthy meal, and in turn, kids are taught it's ok. The cycle goes on.
    Anonymous

• It is NOT more expensive to eat healthy! THIS sould prove that- I feed a family of 5 with $300 a month.

People are lazy, eat junk, don't care.

ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:20 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• to annoy you
    Anonymous

• There is a difference between individuals and populations. As a population the US is overweight. That doesn't mean everyone is overweight.

When scientists look at infant feeding and population trends it doesn't mean all formula fed people are fat or all breastfed people are thin. Infant feeding is the biggest thing that changed in the 20th century.

There is also something called dose response. Humans are supposed to breastfeed somewhere between 3 and 7 years. Even people that were breastfed in the 20th century were breastfed differently than in the past. I doubt few of you breastfed over 3 years.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:29 PM on Feb. 26, 2010