Left Handed ?

My son who is 4 is left handed. I need to know of some free printable worksheets since he loves to write that shows how left handed children form letters.

lovingmy2from05

Asked by lovingmy2from05 at 7:08 PM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• wouldn't they just write it the same?...
    Anonymous

• I have one son that is left handed and one that is right handed. My husband is left handed also. They form the letters the same, just hold their pencil different.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 7:28 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Left handed letter formation is different than for right handed people. The common problem here is that the child may develop that awkward pose with their hand by trying to imitate the letter formation of someone who is right-handed. There is a page of letter formation here: http://www.anythingleft-handed.co.uk/letter_formations.html
    jainy77

Answer by jainy77 at 7:28 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I am left handed. As far as I know it is the exact same. The only thing to remember is that when learning to write cursive they will slant to the left and not the right. If they are forced to slant their writing to the right, they will write with the wrist twisted and their hand curled around. (not sure exactly how to explain it, but many left handers write that way).
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:29 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• my daughter is about to turn 5 and left handed. She has no problems with her writing.
    MamaSpurg

Answer by MamaSpurg at 7:46 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• i am left handed and no probs as well i think my son might be a left hander too but than he uses his right hand allot hes only 3
    elias1mamma22

Answer by elias1mamma22 at 3:50 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• My son is 6 and left handed. I never taught him how to write his letters, I just let him write them how it came naturally for him. He doesn't do the ball and stick formation of letters like most styles teach, but his writing is mostly legible and that's all I care about.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 9:59 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• I'm left handed and my oldest son is right handed....I've worked with him on his writing and there's no difference in how you 'form' the letter. The difference I know is that I don't curve my hand like a lot of left handed people, I just turn the paper...so it's slanted (sometimes at a complete 90 degree angle!) instead of straight up and down.
    lissa27504

Answer by lissa27504 at 10:08 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• My husband and I are both left-handed. He writes with his wrist curved but I write exactly like my Mom who is right-handed. I wrote out the thank-you letters after my daughters birthday party last year and a friend of my Mom's actually thought she wrote them. I have never know there to be any difference between writing left-handed or right-handed other than when left-handed people use a pen, it usually gets all over the side of their hand as they write...LOL. Our daughter is left-handed and learning to write and she is writing just like I do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Mar. 2, 2010