Do you know about people placing big ordres and turns out it is a scam?

I got an email today thinking it was my first order. It turned out to be a scam.
Have any of you got these orders before. By the way I did not take the order. I reported it instead.

Anndaniels

Asked by Anndaniels at 7:18 PM on Feb. 26, 2010 in About CafeMom

• an order from what? r u sure its not junk mail?
    Anonymous

• Why yes, I am very familiar with that situation. I placed a free classified on what looked to be a legit internet site for people who collect bears. I have yet to receive a legit order (it's been five years) but I sure get scam offers from it almost daily. Do a search for Nigerian/419 scams. The more you know about the styles and tactics, the less likely you are to get taken in. They are not all the "pretend you are this heir and I will make you rich" emails anymore. My virgin 419 encounter was with a guy that was pretty slick, but something just felt "off." And sure enough, it turned out to be a scam. There can be devastating consequences, including frozen bank accounts and jail time (for you, not the scammer) if you get sucked in, so the more you know, the better off you will be.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 7:33 PM on Feb. 26, 2010