Would u be ashamed if u had to put food back,and there was a long line behind u?

mamaofficer

Asked by mamaofficer at 7:55 PM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Why am I putting it back, did I forget my debit card or do I just not have enough? I've forgotten my wallet before and had to leave a cart full, I felt like a dummy but not necessarily ashamed. I've never had to put things back due to lack of funds, but I'd imagine I'd be embarassed (sp? NEVER get that one right lol).
    Anonymous

• U did'nt have enough money
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 8:01 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• It can be embarrassing, but it does happen to most people once in a while. I wouldn't be too upset about it.
    Anonymous

• has happend to me a few times. It is embarrassing but it happens.
    rochellecole

Answer by rochellecole at 8:10 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• you didn't literally go and put it back right? just tell them to take it off of the reciept. i wouldn't feel bad. everyone in that line has been there one time or another (or will be someday) so don't let it get you down
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:14 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• gawd that would suck, i have had to leave stuff bc the bank didn't deposit money but it wasn't food.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 8:15 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• It has happened to me before and I was embarrassed. The people behind you in line have more to worry about than remembering who you are if they happen to ever see you again! They will be there too if they haven't already. It is better to pay with a debit card than having to put groceries on your credit card...maybe they all put it on credit cards just try to think of it like that. We all know the feeling.
    Anonymous

• I count as I go- and usually since i round up it isn't an issue. I was a cashier and have had people digging through their baskets and handing me PILES of stuff to take back before...
    if it's one or two items no biggie!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:35 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Not really. I don't care what people in the grocery store think of me. I do mentally add things in my head to make sure I have enough money first though. But, things happen. Sometimes, I go through the store a few extra times putting away my impulse buys.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:02 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Yes, I would, but luckily, the cashiers usually seem fine with setting the item aside for another employee to take back. Smarties..
    Anonymous