Castor Oil

Does it really work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:56 PM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• sometimes it does. My sister tried and threw up didnt work for her but I know others it has worked for
    rochellecole

Answer by rochellecole at 7:59 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• NO and all it does is give you Horrible stomach cramps and if it does start you labor it makes it way more painful. I'd just wait it out. I know its hard but it will all be over soon enough.
    3beautbabies

Answer by 3beautbabies at 8:00 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• No but it can cause the baby to have it's first Bowl movement in utero which means there would be meconium in your amniotic fluid which increases the babies chances of being born with a lung infection. I didn't find all of this out until after I had been pressured by my mom to take it and my son was born with meconium staining but luckily we avoided the lung infection.
    Anonymous

• No but it can cause the baby to have it's first Bowl movement in utero which means there would be meconium in your amniotic fluid which increases the babies chances of being born with a lung infection.

When my sister tried it it did not work for her but her baby did have his first Bowel movement in her and gave her and the baby ecoli. Now with that being said I would never try it.
    rochellecole

Answer by rochellecole at 8:06 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• No. It makes you feel awful.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 8:19 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• mom did it to me when she was 32 weeks. i came early> ( she also had an incompetent cerix) and had a lung infection. it really isnt worth the risk to the baby. just have ALOT of sex and walk the baby right out of you.
    KJ_on

Answer by KJ_on at 8:30 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• No. IF it does it's only because labor was close anyway. It causes diarrhea, which causes contractions. The diarrhea cause dehydration which causes contractions. BUT the contractions have to continue into active labor. Sometimes they do sometimes they don't . Sometimes you go to the hospital and they hook up an IV which re-hydrates you and causes the contractions to stop. It's NOT safe and it doesn't work.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:30 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• So what other options are there? Other then sex, cause that is SO the last thing on my mind lol.
    Anonymous

• YES!!!
    Yes, it does! Maybe not for those who replied earlier-- but it does work for many women,

That does NOT make it a wise option, though.

Why do you feel like you should force baby out before it's Time?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 9:13 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Sex is still an option. You do not need a partner.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 9:14 PM on Feb. 26, 2010