Am I allowed to Shovel snow while I'm Pregnant?

mocaprincess

Asked by mocaprincess at 8:03 PM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• it depends on how much snow and how far along you are..... like i wouldn't advise trying to shovel out 20 inches of snow while you're in your 3rd trimester, but just 3 or 4 inches would be ok i think. but regardless, if you start to feel any kind of cramping just stop and pay some kid to do it
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:06 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• No. The shovel police will arrest you.
    Anonymous

• Is this something you are used to doing before pregnancy? If so than yes it is. You can continue most activities you have done prior to pregnancy. If it hurts etc of course stop. You may get tired faster and that's ok, just rest. But generally speaking if this is an activity you have done many times it is safe. However, if you are a high risk pregnancy etc.. then be on the safe side and don't do it. To be sure just ask your OB..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:10 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Its fine as long as you dont over work yourself. Dont pick up huge amounts of snow with the shovel and move slower. As long as your body is used to it, honeslt there is no problem at all. I shoveled all the time with my first pregnancy, and I still shovel with this one.
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 8:23 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I did it. Just don't over do yourself and when you feel tired stop!
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 9:23 PM on Feb. 26, 2010