Do you hate when people..

drop in unannounced? I sure do. It just happened, my MIL came over, and I have dishes and laundry piled up because our hot water heater went out, we're fixing it tomorrow, so of course she had to "pop in" the day before!

wahm_abbeyrose

Asked by wahm_abbeyrose at 8:11 PM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I hate it. I prefer at least a day's notice or have had it planned for awhile so I can have everything in tip-top shape. See, when I don't plan on going out anyplace, I am the type of person who stays in the house in old comfy pants and t-shirt with no bra and barefeet. The house is clean, but I may be in the middle of something, or working on laundry, or just settling down to watch a movie or something.
    I admit that I am somewhat of a hermit and I prefer to be left alone unless given plenty of advance notice. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 12:04 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• No. I love it.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 8:12 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• If my MIL ever popped in I would drop dead of surprise. But I wouldnt worry about my house cleanliness, mine is cleaner than hers even on its worst day. Pretty sad since she has no job or kids.
    Anonymous

• nobody ever comes to visit us so i guess i would like to have a visitor every now and again
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:13 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• doesn't bother me. I like it most of the time. My house looks the way it looks. it's MY house. if they don't like the way it looks they can leave. OR they can help me clean it (the later option is preferred. lol)
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 8:14 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I don't like it when people drop in unannounced because it messes up the day, I'm in the middle of stuff and if i'm doing stuff, that usually means i'm on a roll.
    Now I have to stop to socialize/ entertain. Why don't people say....can I come over mon around 1 and visit? YES PLEASE! I'LL GET ALL MY STUFF DONE BEFORE THEN, SO I FEEL LIKE I CAN AT LEAST ENJOY IT WHEN YOU COME OVER!!!! Thank you! lol
    My In Laws always drop over unannounced and even try to come in UNINVITED! This bothers me A LOT. It's not thier home!
    Anonymous

• My family knows not to pop in unannounced. I would HATE for anyone to show up if I wasn't expecting them. I require a phone call first. :) It has nothing to do with my home, for it's always pretty clean. It's just that the weekends and evenings are our time. If are going to have company, we want a heads up.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 8:22 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• It depends who it is, but in general I don't mind. My house isn't perfect, I'm not perfect - it's all part of my charm :)
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:24 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I've wash my clothes in cold water and have done dishes by hand in cold water. Now I hate taking a bath in cold water.
    Anonymous

• OP here - ANON:25 - I have done SOME laundry in cold water, but my DH works in a factory, he is basically black when he comes home, so cold water doesn't work as well to get the stains out. I tried washing the dishes, AND my hair in the cold water, a lot of the dishes wouldn't come clean, the food was stuck to it like glue, and as for my hair.. well.. my fingers felt like ice LOL.
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 8:32 PM on Feb. 26, 2010