Disagreeing with the president

Why do people get mad when others disagree with the president. Why does it feel like we're Anti-American if we don't agree with his policies? I don't care if we're talking about Bush or Obama and I'm not talking about insults. I mean true disagreement on policies, agenda etc. Last time I checked, its our RIGHT to disagree if we disagree and it is exactly what makes us American. Its how our country was founded, by disagreeing and acting out against the British.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:13 PM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• "To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we
    are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and
    servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public."
    Theordore Roosevelt, 1918.

Anonymous

• We can disagree with the president and not be disrespectful of the president. The president is the highest official of our nation and deserves to be treated with respect. This includes moron Bush. Just kidding about moron, or am I.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 8:18 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• We have a voice, and it's meant to be used in a productive way. Including constructive critisism~! (sp? lol)
    Anonymous

• The president is the highest official of our nation and deserves to be treated with respect.

Wrong. Respect is earned, it isn't an automatic.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:36 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Of course we can disagree with the President....just so long as we are disgreeing with President Obama. Hehe. That's how you get along with people at CM. @@
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 8:37 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Lindalu I have disagreed with several things EX president gwb did..and stated so and what those things were many times over.Obama is the current president so of course when there is disagreence it is going to be with him.

OP I do not feel un American do you?
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:42 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Mr. Obama may be the president but that doesn't mean that he is not beyond the realm of criticism or disagreeing with.  when he becomes perfect come back and ask that question again and perhaps my answer will change.  However, you can disagree and still be respectful towards whom your disagreeing with.  Do it with style and grace.

Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 8:44 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Opposition is a Presidents worst enemy. One must silence all opposition in order to smoothly and slyly enact their agenda. If no one makes a big ruckus about it no one will even know about it.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 8:44 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• YEP...I agree with you question asker...

rjpetty605

Answer by rjpetty605 at 8:45 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• People said the same with the last admin. If you didnt like him or his policies you should leave, or you didnt love America like they did.....Its not really new just equally annoying. 

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:05 PM on Feb. 26, 2010