Shape up shoes do they work?

Do the shape ups or the generics work are they worth the price? Does anybody have the kmart version?

jilliank1109

Asked by jilliank1109 at 8:47 PM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

Level 1 (-17 Credits)
  • i got the sketchers on sale but i'm so bummed bc it's been a whole lot of snow around here so i haven't been able to walk alot (other than the grocery store). but from what i've noticed so far they're really comfy so that's a plus
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:48 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I was wondering this as well!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 8:54 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I've heard of them, but never tried. I'm interested in seeing more answers. Have you tried Googling "shape up shoes reviews?" Whenever I want to find out about something before I buy it, I google reviews for it.
    Anonymous

• I think they help but aren't a miracle item.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 9:44 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• I have a pair of Dr Scholls (available at Sears for $59.95). They definitely give you a workout. The first day I wore them they cracked my back back into place. I don't feel anything until I stop walking & relax. It definitely works the butt & thigh muscles more than regular shoes.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 12:57 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• Thanks motherofhope98, I had wondered about the Dr Scholl's since they are less than the Shape Ups.
    missamerica1

Answer by missamerica1 at 5:57 PM on Feb. 28, 2010

• NO. the only thing that works is actually exercising. Do not waste your money on such gimmicks. There wassomething on the news that said they were BS.
    Anonymous

• Everyone that I've heard has said they do in fact work but of course they aren't going to make you lose a ton of weight or anything. My mom owns the Avon ones and those were pretty cheap and they do work. Don't spend 250.00 on the MBT ones that's ridiculous.
    jojo13

Answer by jojo13 at 7:11 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• I was gonna get the 34.99 ones from Kmart cuz there cute, cheap, and had really good reviews. I know there not for weightloss, there for toning your legs when you walk and I walk alot.
    jilliank1109

Answer by jilliank1109 at 10:52 PM on Mar. 2, 2010

• There is a lady I work with that has some and she has noticed a difference with her legs. She loves them and if I had the money to spend on them, I would get them.
    momof1boy

Answer by momof1boy at 11:52 PM on Mar. 16, 2010