Have you used a Pacifier Medicine Dispenser?

My LO uses the MAM paci's, and is a PAIN to give meds to. IS there a Pacifier Medicine Dispenser that is shaped like a MAM, if so, what brand, where do I buy it? Do you like the one you have, or is it a no go? And YES, I've tried the syringe along his cheek, he ends up getting so upset, he pukes...

aydens_mom620

Asked by aydens_mom620 at 8:53 PM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• blow in his face to get him to swallow luv idk about brands what is the difference you sound a little obsessive,lol
    Anonymous

• i also heard you can put the meds in the child bottle along with the formula

mymommasgirl

Answer by mymommasgirl at 9:08 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• he's almost 2, will be in july. he dont use a bottle anymore, so that dont work, i tried a nipple today. he ends up crying while im giving the meds and then inhales it i think cause he coughs and gags/pukes afterwards.
    aydens_mom620

Answer by aydens_mom620 at 9:14 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Get a medicine dropper and squirt the medicine into the back of his cheeck he can't push it out with his tongue very quickly and he won't gag that way so right after you slowly squirt in the medicine give him a sip of juice or an ice pop to suck on so he'll involuntarily swallow the medicine with whatever good tasting thing you've just given him to suck on.
    Anonymous

• I tried the medicine dispenser, never saw a mam one and dd didn't like the nipple shape of the other one. I just used the eye-dropper thing or you can put it in his sippy/juice cup! Just be sure he drinks it all! I've seen people pinch babies noses to get them to swallow (that always scared me) and dd used to spit half out but I figured as long as she got some it was better than none! I also give meds to my dd in breaks... a little here, wait until she swallows, a little more, wait until she swallows ect. GL hun!!! I hope he feels better!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 9:41 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• The pacifier dispensers are NOT worth the money for so many reasons - the biggest one being inaccuracy - meaning you're not giving your child the right dose most or all of the time. I tried 2 different ones with my kids and ugh what a joke! If he has a cow getting meds squirted in his cheek, sucking it out of a pacifier is not going to make it any better. My favorite thing to do if one of my kids has a med they don't like is to mix it into just a sip of juice and give it to them in a shot glass - they feel grown up using a little glass glass, they get the juice they usually are very restricted on, and they get their medicine. But I only use a sip so I don't waste any meds.
    Anonymous