Birth control after IUD... something that won't mess too much with my hormones and make me depressed...

I might have to have my IUD taken out due to the fact that it may have tipped/tilted/something. I also may have gotten strep-B... i have been in a lot of pain around my period the last few months and don't want to deal with an IUD again. What kind of birth control can I switch to that won't make me all depressed (i have had issues with depression in the past). What about the patch? (Something that I don't have to take everyday would be best.. I'm no good at remembering pills)

missbreezy214

Asked by missbreezy214 at 8:57 PM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Health

• My the nueva ring. I have an IUD too 3o I'm not 3ure but it could be worth looking into.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 9:14 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Mabey (not my) lol
    Liz132

• I had the Nuva ring before. It gave me headaches. The IUD has much less hormones in it than most other forms of birth control. Just speak to your gyn about it. He/she will be able to tell you what is out there.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:38 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• What about a diaphragm? They work without hormones and have no side effects. They never caused a stroke, infertility or PID; you won't gain weight, get depressed, or lose your libido; your periods won't be affected. They have never been the subject of class action lawsuits and are instantly reversible.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:55 AM on Feb. 27, 2010