What can I do???

Our 20month old has been coughing a night some, but tonight it has got worse, she is coughing ever 15mintues. She's had a runny nose & it's been green. But, today she is having a little blood in her mucus coming out of her nose. She is 28pounds also. Is there anything I can give her other than Tylenol??? I think she has a sinus infection. I'm taking her to the Doctor Tomorrow, he is open half a day on Saturdays. She just needs something to help her sleep through the night. Should I call the ER & ask if their is anything I can give her???

marcnsarah

Asked by marcnsarah at 9:00 PM on Feb. 26, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Sit with her in a bathroom outside the shower but facing the shower when it's on nice and warm for the steam to help loosen her nose and cough. Don't leave her in there alone in or out of the shower. Just take a chair even two to prop your feet up on while you hold her. Can your husband get some saline nose spray for her, just a squirt or two in each nostril every fortyfive minutes or so (ayr, nasal, little noses, maybe toms of maine..)

If she has a fever if you insurance allows visits without admittance, maybe take her to e r tonight. But if she doesn't have a fever to hang on til tomorrow just hold her propped up through the night to ease congestion in her lungs and the shower steam.

awwwww poor baby hope she feels better soon you too mommy and daddy!!!
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 9:11 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• She has A dry cough by the way-----
    marcnsarah

Answer by marcnsarah at 9:01 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• maybe try a humidifier. that worked for my babies and vicks vapor rub
    rochellecole

Answer by rochellecole at 9:06 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• moisture get a vaporizer cool stream and sit her by it. You got to break this up,lots of juice and popsicles keep her hydrated and maybe a bath with menthol bubbles ect. Menthol baby rubs help open the sinuses if she is stuffy
    Anonymous