I am looking for a work-at-home job. Any ideas?

I'm a stay at home military wife looking for a way to supplement my husbands income and not have to pay for child care with it. I really want to be able to continue being home with our daughter. Does anyone know of a stay at home job that would work? It needs to be able to be done from anywhere since we move frequently.

clara_and_mommy

Asked by clara_and_mommy at 9:15 PM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Money & Work

• i bump this question Im doing the same thing and dont know which one is real and will really make you money.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:16 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• look into melaleuca. i want to do it but haven't tried yet. its basically all natural products that you use everyday and you can make some extra cash or start a "business" doing it :) its pretty neat!!!! cleaners, makeup, lotions, vitamins, foods, etc.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 9:23 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• The majority of what you will find are going to be home business opportunities, many of which are very legit. However, there are many companies out there that do hire home based workers. You just have to know where to look. I have some great information for you on working from home posted on my blog and a list of companies that hire home based workers on my website.

Good Luck in your search!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:49 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• If you need real money - stay away from Melaleuca!!!!

All you will do is lose money on useless and low quality over priced products...
    Anonymous

• www.scentsy.com/my2scents

This is what I do from home. I LOVE it!!! If I can help with details or questions...just let me know. Have a great weekend!!!
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 11:06 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• You can check out my ideas:   Mavi's Home Work.

Be sure to read the work at home article series from eHow.    Work at Home Article Series

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:36 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I have tried at least two dozen place, there are about 4 really good ones, I listed the FREE ones here Free Paypal Money

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 12:10 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• Melaleuca is a crock. I make better cleaning products in my home than the crap that they sell, and for 10 times cheaper!! Their stuff is WAY overpriced, and to sell their stuff, you have to buy a certain amount every month (about $100 worth, but they go by points, so maybe you won't notice!).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• I would either develop a skill or use something you do well to start a freelance operation. I'm a writer from home and make enough to pay all our bills and then some, and my income continues to grow as I learn new skills and find new clients and continue my education. Start up required Internet access and a little time to get samples together (most of the early ones I made up myself...for those I knew with businesses who said I could use their names). Then I scoured job sites and compiled an email list. There are other areas other than writing, and your income is not based on selling stuff or building a downline or hounding people for parties, etc... You find the clients, do the work, get paid. PM if you want a list of ideas I've researched...and also google "best freelance jobs" or "best home based businesses." There's also a group on here for moms who've started a biz from scratch. Maybe ask for ideas there? GL!
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 1:45 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• You can search for jobs that match your skillset and have a telecommute or remote option. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com . Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching

Answer by rkoloms at 6:48 AM on Feb. 27, 2010