Is she strong for her age? Please answer =)

My daughter is 10 months old, she can climb onto the couch or any bed, up a flight of stairs, do a front roll (somersault), hold herself up on a bar for over 30 seconds. If I let her hold a bar she pulls her back & butt up so she is laying down in the air holding onto the bar.

I ask because there are muscular issues that run in hubby's family that cause weakened muscles. I always thought she was strong for her age, but thought she was just advanced. I recently found out, his relatives with muscle disorders have been told that they may have kids with accelerated muscle growth and muscle mass. It isn't dangerous, more of a gift and guaranteed future in athletics, but I'd like to know if my daughter is affected.

I have asked her doctor and he said they can't test until she is at least 3 so he isn't going to pay attention to it until then.

I am just wondering at what age your child could these things? What do you think?

imamommmmyyy

Asked by imamommmmyyy at 9:17 PM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i say she is strong
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 9:19 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Mine did that at that age and he's fine. He's grown now with no problems.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:24 PM on Feb. 26, 2010