Is she strong for her age? Please answer =)

My daughter is 10 months old, she can climb onto the couch or any bed, up a flight of stairs, do a front roll (somersault), hold herself up on a bar for over 30 seconds. If I let her hold a bar she pulls her back & butt up so she is laying down in the air holding onto the bar.

I ask because there are muscular issues that run in hubby's family that cause weakened muscles. I always thought she was strong for her age, but thought she was just advanced. I recently found out, his relatives with muscle disorders have been told that they may have kids with accelerated muscle growth and muscle mass. It isn't dangerous, more of a gift and guaranteed future in athletics, but I'd like to know if my daughter is affected.

I have asked her doctor and he said they can't test until she is at least 3 so he isn't going to pay attention to it until then.

I am just wondering at what age your child could these things? What do you think?

imamommmmyyy

Asked by imamommmmyyy at 9:17 PM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• at 10 mos, dd could climb stairs, the couch and the table (coffee table) but she couldn't hold herself on a bar until around 18 mos and just now at 2 firgured out the somersault! To me, she sounds strong! I thought my dd was strong at that age because she was starting to jump and such but wow! Either that or my dd didn't understand holding herself up like that... she would pull herself up if you grabbed her by her hands and climb her way up your body without you lifting her further..... it's either she's advanced or she's strong! Pretty sure she'll be walking soon if she's not already! dd was walking around 9 mos and learned to jump at 12 mos... just keep an eye and get her checked at 3!!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 9:37 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• that sounds like my second son.... he's a strong guy lol. he could run by 10 months too.... joy oh joy lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:24 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I know at 10 months my son could climb stairs, couches, chairs and our bed... he likes to hold on to our fingers and dangle, but I have never timed him to see how long he can hang... but for quite sometime.
    He doesn't know how to do a somersault and I don't know what you mean by her laying down in the air
    I don't know what is normal or average but she sounds about the same as my son at that age.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:27 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• my dd could do tho3e thing3 at that age but I don't know if that'3 concidered 3trong becau3e I only have one 3o I don't have anything to compare that to.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 9:30 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• You don't say the age of your child, but considering you posted this in 1-2, I'm assuming over 1 but under 2. My kids were all doing the same stuff around a year or so, or at least able to. So, I'd say she's right where she's supposed to be, but not advanced/super-strong.
    Anonymous

• OP- I did say the age that is the first thing I typed, she is 10 months old. lol
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 12:54 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• sounds typical actually.
    Anonymous