How can you tell if your pregnant with twins? (besides a ultra sound)

I am about a month pregnant and already showing. Everyone keeps telling me I may be pregnant with twins....What are some ways you can tell?

DivineBeauty03

Asked by DivineBeauty03 at 9:18 PM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• there is no way to know for sure until the ultrasound
    I was showing right away too - and only 1 babie was in there :) (thank god)
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:19 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• o everybody says that lol! everytime i was pregnant everybody said that to me lol. but anyway, to answer your question.... the other way you could find out if you're having twins would be to count the babies after they're born.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:22 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• The only other way is to push out two babies 39 weeks laterr lol
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 9:22 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• You're not going to know for sure until you hear two heartbeats or see two babies via ultrasound :) It's normal to bloat right away then it could go down a bit.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 9:26 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• sometimes the midwife or dr will be able to tell by feeling your uterus, and then later the position of the baby (or babies). almost always an ultrasound will show twins but sometimes one is missed! sometimes they can pick up 2 heart beats with a doppler, but they definitely could miss one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:06 AM on Feb. 27, 2010