As a customer, can you tell when there is tension between the employees when you do business at their establishment? I need your HONEST answers!!

When you go to a store can you tell if people hate their job?
Do you feel like you are bothering them?
Can you tell when others dislike eachother?

Most important, tell me how it feels!!

Steff107

Asked by Steff107 at 9:18 PM on Feb. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It feels like I should go shopping elsewhere. I had a doctor and nurse fighting over me (not about me but over my body!) during surgery. They hated each other. I was pregnant and couldn't be given a general. Don't you know I wanted to find a new surgical team that day! It was horrible!!!!

Answer by admckenzie at 9:21 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Yes, you can usually tell.
    I remember being in line and a manager was chastising a cashier...she was so rude and totally belittling. I thought it was inappropriate and it made me feel very uncomfortable.
    Anonymous

• yeah you can usually tell, and it usually meks me uncomfortable
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:30 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Sometimes. On Valentine's Day our waitress was fired. I felt horrible. Apparently it was coming. But I felt horrible. But at the same time, pissed cause our kids food didn't come out until we were ready to go, and we were still charged.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 10:40 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• i guess ive never noticed certain employees not getting along...
    but i can tell if they really care or not, if they are just doing their time and want to do as little as possible.
    if they dont want to help i get pissed cuz it like "seriously? you are getting PAID when so many people who need and want jobs dont have them and people like YOU do."
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 12:13 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• Yes, it's generally obvious when they hate their job. They have terrible service. I hate it. It's also obvious and annoying when they're either arguing or chatting with one another when they're supposed to be working, for example, being the damn cashier. I do complain to management. They can chat on breaks or when there isn't a line of people waiting to check out.

It doesn't make me uncomfortable. I find it highly annoying.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:52 AM on Feb. 27, 2010